Monday, March 7, 2011

The Good in Groundhog Days


Have you ever woken up and thought about how boring your life is because today is going to be just like yesterday, which is going to be just like tomorrow? It's called the Groundhog Day effect. For me, Groundhog Days are usually on Mondays. I start the day just going through the motions. But usually, at some point, I remember this quote and how blessed I am to be having a "boring" day:

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are... Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow... One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.
--Mary Jean Iron
I love that quote. It captures the gut-wrenching feeling you have on those days when everything is going wrong and you're yearning for a Groundhog Day.

So let's try to find the good in Groundhog Days, because they're Normal Days. Look for those moments when you can show your husband that he's your hero, make your child giggle like the ones you see on YouTube, or scratch that itch your dog has had for weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Tricia!
    What a way to make me cry on this, a Monday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean to make you cry first thing on a Monday morning, Cass! You're welcome though? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! It is funny that you should write about this because I declared that this Monday would be different (because I notice myself feeling a little bored or bummed on Monday), so I took the kids to Barnes and Noble this morning. One little tweak made all the difference.

    I know what you mean, in a few months when John leaves, I'll be wishing for my boring Mondays because they ended with the delight of my husband walking in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, great idea to change it up on a Monday morning. Maybe I'll try something new next Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The figures of the athletes in the Olympics are really drooling, they are simply walking hormones. To end being single, I think the figure is very important, especially for boys. A good figure reflects a sense of strength, which is irresistible. NIKSA
    focuses on the field of men's fitness clothes, witnessing every drop of your sweat.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments but don't always have time to respond to each one individually. I'll do my best to email you back or swing by your blog. *Please note that if you want a response, your email address must be visible on your Blogger profile.*